- 4-H Information
- 4-H Connect TEXAS 4-H ENROLLMENT AND EVENT REGISTRATION
- Family and Community Health Information
- Certified Food Managers Training/Testing -Brochure-Prometric May
- Stretching Exercises to Help Stay Active & Independent
- Handout Clean Green 2018
- Ag/Natural Resources Information
- Big Country Master Gardeners
- Big Country Master Naturalist
- Taylor County Courthouse
- Taylor County Expo Center
- Abilene Chamber of Commerce
Taylor County was established in 1858, and named for Alamo defenders Edward, James and George Taylor. Taylor County is the home of Dyess Air Force Base, major medical centers, the Abilene State Park, Buffalo Gap Historic Village, and multiple colleges/universities.
The county is located in West Central Texas, and is part of the Rolling Plains. The size of the county is roughly 919 square miles, with agriculture being one of the primary industries. There are several school districts and various communities throughout the county. The population of the county is approximately 133,473.